Here are all my cricket-related articles to date that have been published on various sports forums and media outlets: LIST OF ARTICLES

The Willow Talk by AK: My ideal One-Day squad against India

Monday, January 30, 2006

My ideal One-Day squad against India

Tour diaries

My first XI will be:
Salman
Malik
Younis
Yousuf
Inzamam
Afridi
Razzy
Akmal
Rana
Shoaib
Asif

Bench:
Farhat
Gul
Arshad
Raza

I'd love to include Kaneria but on present form, Arshad edges him and there isn't a need of 2 spinners as such.

Also, I feel Malik has the potential to well @ the top. Its a bit of a psychological thing i guess for him and he's got to work out on it. Also he needs to keep his concentration, and really if he consistently fails as an opener then there isn't another place for him.

As for Younis, it just amazed me why he hasn't been able to transfer his form in the ODI circuit. He comes one-down in ODIs as well and has the responsibility to anchor the innings. Just somehow he fails to do so, but I feel he will come good very soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoaib Malik is useless as opener. Imran Farhat is far better opener than Malik. Shoaib Malik should remain as a spinner and middle order hitter.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home